Call Us: (940) 759-2211 or (800) 962-0296
- The date of issuance is the date your electric bill is mailed.
- Your bill is due upon receipt.
- You have 16 days from the date of issuance to pay your electric bill. Payments received after 16 days are considered delinquent, and you will be charged a 5% late payment fee.
- CCECA will send you a disconnect notice when payment isn't received by the past due date. Once the notice is issued, you have ten days to pay your electric bill, or your service becomes at risk for disconnection. If the notice is mailed, the disconnection day cannot fall on a weekend day or holiday, but will fall on the next business day after the tenth day.
- Your electric service may be discontinued if you fail or refuse to pay CCECA according to your electric-service agreement, applicable rate schedule, or deferred arrangement plan.
- If your electric service is disconnected for non-payment, you must pay the delinquent amount owed, plus the delinquent disconnect charge, a deposit if applicable, and a delinquent reconnection charge.
- Full payments on disconnected accounts received in our business office before 3 p.m. may be reconnected the same day. Full payments received after 3 p.m. will be reconnected the following business day.